With one simple recipe, three hours or less and a rectangular pizza-stone, you can make eight ultra-versatile, classic pita loaves. See M-J’s recipe for making pita bread at ElegantCook.net The stone is featured at M-J’s Elegant Cuisine.
You don’t have to be a perfectionist or a cake-decorating pro to make a layer cake look nice. Just get creative with some fluffy icing and add something charming as casual décor. Here, I’ve added some French dragées (candy resembling Jordan almonds) to a couple of white cake-layers filled and frosted with Swiss icing.
~~M-J de Mesterton, ©2017
A half-loaf of home-made sourdough bread was a couple days old, and tired of being stored in the fridge. I decided to make croutons with it for the week’s luncheon salads. I poured olive oil, spices, parsley and fresh rosemary into a Pop-It storage box (made with safe materials in Italy), then tossed the bread squares in and shook the thing with all my might to coat them well. With ambient heat from the oven while baking the croutons, a new loaf of bread was rising nearby. Sliced thinly, the croutons were ready after ten minutes in a 350° oven. Cooled croutons were poured into elegant jars to be used at table. And they won’t need to be stored for long; these croutons will quickly be poured out onto salads. @M-J de Mesterton
Make lemon meringue pie in a tart pan for an elegant, stylish crust. The golden crust is achieved with butter and tinted coconut oil.
©M-J de Mesterton, The Elegant Cook 2014
Forming Gyoza: Brown Rice, Mashed Adzuki Beans, Miso and Vegetables are Encased in Thin Dough
Arrange pantry items in groups of similar containers for a well-organised appearance.
- Using a Simmer-Mat 18/04/2012
- Elegant Pantry 17/04/2012
- Starbucks’ Blonde Willow Blend 17/04/2012
- Elegant Cheeses of Ireland 11/04/2012
- Croques Monsieurs 25/03/2012
- Eggs Vienna 25/03/2012
- Pimenton de la Vera 03/03/2012
- Savoy Serrano Salad 20/02/2012
- Elegant Low-Carb Taco Salad 20/02/2012
- Low-Carb Green Chile Burger 20/02/2012
- M-J’s Elegant Spinach Salad 19/02/2012
- Elegant Beefsteak Fajitas 19/02/2012
- M-J’s Spinach and Artichoke Casserole 29/01/2012
- Sweet Potatoes and Yams 21/01/2012
- Home-Made French-Style Bread 30/12/2011
- Affordable La Crema Pinot Noir 23/12/2011
- Natural Hangover Helpers 23/12/2011
- Saltworks Gourmet Products 18/12/2011
- Pollo con Penne al Alfredo 19/11/2011
- Elegant Bowl on Platter 14/11/2011
- The contents of an elegant kitchen cupboard or pantry are arranged in groups of similar items such as spice bottles, salt-shakers, and jars of dried herbs. This pantry cupboard arrangement was achieved by recycling and using the most attractive jam jars, and purchasing cobalt glass-and-wire containers. There are also four Luminarc glasses with red lids for food-storage.
- ©M-J de Mesterton
A classic pound-cake is hollowed-out in the middle, filled with vanilla ice cream, topped with meringue, and baked for a few minutes until the edges are lightly-browned. This “Alaska” cake is ready to be baked.
©M-J de Mesterton
Add water and the flavouring of your choice to boneless chicken breasts. Simmer for forty minutes, cool and freeze for future use, or slice and use with sauce or gravy, perhaps made with the same poaching-liquid in which you cooked the chicken. I will return at the next opportunity with an original recipe or two, employing poached chicken breast meat. ~~M-J de Mesterton
Boil the potato chunks for fifteen minutes. Drain but do not rinse them.
~~Recipe and Photo of Autumn Potato Salad Copyright M-J de Mesterton, 2008