I know this news is a few months old, but the Tavern is in trouble, and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children needs constant support.
– Proceeds to Benefit the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children –
“I believe this partnership with Tavern on the Green restaurant and TavernDirect.com will go a long way in assisting NCMEC with their efforts to help prevent child abduction and exploitation,” said John Walsh, co-founder of NCMEC and host of “America’s Most Wanted.”
Twelve products are now available, including three signature sauces: the “1870 Steak Sauce,” marking the year the Tavern was built; the “Central Park Signature Dipping Oil;” and the “Chandelier Chardonnay Marinade.” Products range in cost from $7.99 – $10.00 for individual bottles to $33.95 for a gift box of the three signature products. Each product is all natural and has no an artificial flavor or coloring added. Gift sets that include wine from the Finger Lakes Region’s Heron Hill Winery are also available online starting at $49.95.
“Research shows that people are craving diverse, rich flavored foods,” said Howie Jacobson, partner, TavernDirect.com. “The market for marinades, sauces, and similar products is at an all-time high with consumers being encouraged to cook at home by chefs, grocery chains, and cooking shows. We expect many retailers to come on board to support these products and NCMEC’s cause.
NCMEC is a private, nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization that works in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. NCMEC’s congressionally mandated CyberTipline, a reporting mechanism for child sexual exploitation, has handled more than 475,000 leads. Since its establishments in 1984, NCMEC has assisted law enforcement with more than 130,300 missing child cases, resulting in the recovery of more than 112,900 children. For more information about NCMEC, call its toll-free, 24-hour hotline at 1-800-THE-LOST, or visit its Web site at http://www.missingkids.com
Tavern on the Green is one of America’s top grossing restaurants, serving between 2,000 – 4,000 meals a day, and more than a half million people per year. Tavern on the Green is located on Central Park at West 67th Street. For more information, visit http://www.tavernonthegreen.com or call (212) 873-3200.
For more information, contact:
Greg Kamp, Dixon Schwabl
Shelley Clark, Lou Hammond & Assoc.
Try Tavern on the Green Recipes
- Summer Delight Cole Slaw
- Autumn Fig Health Salad
- Toscana Garlic Parmesan Marinade Grilled Chicken Breast and Vegetable Medley
- Old Vine Cabernet & Fire Grilled Garlic Marinade Delectable Fillet Mignon
- 1870 Steak Sauce Perfect Porterhouse Steak
- Golden Ginger Teriyaki Salmon Barbeque
- Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar with Fresh Fruit Salad
- Chandelier Chardonnay & Fire Grilled Garlic Marinade with Sautéed Scallops
- Autumn Fig Balsamic Vinegar Strawberry Delight
- Central Park Signature Dipping Oil Tortellini Salad
- Autumn Fig Balsamic Vinegar Grilled Peaches with Fresh Cherry Sauce BBQ